Help us grow
Datafeedwatch is a market leader, and we intend to accelerate our growth even more.
You can be the one to help us achieve our ambitious goals if you are a Ruby Engineer at heart. If it is your passion and you are eager to make a difference, our Tech Team is the place for you.
We Help Merchants Grow. DataFeedWatch is a fast growing tech start-up with roots in Silicon Valley and offices in Krakow, Amsterdam, and Prague. Since March 2022 we are part of Cart.com which brings us numerous new opportunities to grow our business and ourselves.
We are a market leader in Feed Marketing Solutions and enable 20,000 online shops on 6 continents to advertise and be successful on shopping channels like Google, Facebook, and Amazon.
If you join us, you will be part of a team of nearly 100 people that includes 15 different nationalities. We are a diverse team that enjoys a perfect work-life balance. We don't just work together, we have lunch together and hang out outside work hours. And most importantly, we like people who make their own decisions and want to grow the company and themselves.
About the Job
We are looking for a Senior Ruby Engineer who has experience with infrastructure platform development (or is willing to learn) to join our Infrastructure Team.
We are a self-organized team - currently 5 people of size. Built-in a cross-functional way with a high degree of autonomy and transparency, around tools selection, infrastructure setup, and roadmap definition.
We are processing hundreds of millions of products, storing petabytes of data, and using hundreds of CPUs.
We are still enlarging our K8s cluster on our large on-prem server base. We are responsible for a streamlined CI/CD process and monitoring all of the application environments.
You will be responsible for:
- The primary duty is to build and develop an automation platform for the product infrastructure which will take approximately 70% of your time.
- Developing our CLI tool to manage DevOps tasks - it is written in Ruby.
- Deploying and monitoring Ruby applications that are using Kafka and a huge amount of Sidekiq workers
- Taking part in designing applications architecture and infrastructure to make it scalable and reliable
- Managing and automating the deployment of applications (Ruby, NodeJS, Java) to Kubernetes cluster using helm
- Developing and optimizing our CI/CD pipeline to ship faster (Jenkins & Groovy)
- Securing the infrastructure and the application (SentinelOne, Snyk, Qualys)
You are ambitious. You want to grow yourself and like a challenge, both in life and in your job. You are friendly, open-minded, and a team player. You enjoy working with people that are as eager as you are to take the initiative, and have an impact on the success of the company.
And most of all, you understand our core values & culture and you think they will fit like a glove ;-)
- Has experience as a backend developer in Ruby and willing to learn infrastructure and DevOps tasks
- Has knowledge of Kubernetes and its ecosystems like helm, ambassador, and rancher.
- Builds data processing pipelines and infrastructures for it.
- Has experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins with GroovyDSL.
- Works with distributed systems where HA and scalability are key
- Is interested in application security and has used tools for monitoring and analyzing infrastructure and application vulnerabilities.
- Polish B1
Nice to have:
- Uses modern DevOps methodology on on-premise server cluster
- Experience with Kafka or other messaging systems
- Saltstack or Ansible
- Optimizes databases as a hobby :D
- Experience with monitoring and alerting tools using Grafana and Prometheus
What’s in it for You?
The salary for this position is between 22k and 28k per month on a B2B contract.
We also offer free lunch, remote work, and various other awesome perks!
However, we believe that there is a much bigger reward in joining a team of people that enjoy each other’s company, as well as sharing the same goals and values. And that it is much more satisfying to work, learn, and grow in an environment where freedom and initiative are appreciated.
Want to ask more? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
22 000 - 28 000 PLN Net (B2B)