Ad types compatible with Facebook Dynamic Product Ads include:
- Desktop News Feed Ads
- Mobile News Feed Ads
- Feature Phone Ads
- Righ Column Ads
In the process of creating the ad you can add dynamic fields that will use the values from the feed. It could look something like this:
And the result would look something like this:
Launching dynamic product ads requires uploading a product feed and implementing Conversion-Tracking Pixel.
Creating Facebook Product Ads feed
The data feed is very similar to Google Shopping feed. The main differences are:
- categories are not required,
- it has less optional fields,
- unique identifiers like mpn or gtin are not required
Uploading the feed to Facebook
In order to upload the feed to Facebook you need to:
1.Create a FBM account (Facebook business manager) account.
2. In the account go to Settings > Product Catalogs > Add New Product Catalog
3. In the Product Catalog click Add Product Feed
4. Provide Feed Name, select Auto upload through URL, copy Feed URL from DataFeedWatch and set upload frequency
5.Click Schedule button
Facebook Dynamic Product Ads can be an interesting channel and definitely one worth trying out. The strongest benefit is a very detailed targeting system which can lend itself well to achieving a high ROI.
If you happen to use it already, please share your experience in the comments.
Discover more Facebook-related content you may find useful:
- Facebook Dynamic Ads Beginner Guide
- Facebook Product Ads INs & OUTs
- 3 Tips to Optimizing Facebook Product Feed
- 6 Common Feed Errors in Facebook Dynamic Product Ads
- 8 Unsung Facebook Targeting Techniques For Online Retailers
- How To Conquer Custom Labels for Facebook Dynamic Ads
- Optimize Facebook Dynamic Product Ads in 6 Steps