Facebook is growing rapidly as a shopping channel for merchants. Of course, DataFeedWatch enables users to create and optimize feeds for this channel. Here's how:
Facebook Dynamic Product Ads allow user to:
- Automatically generate Facebook Ads based on product feed and an ad template
- Show specific product ads based on what users have viewed on your website
Ad types compatible with Facebook Dynamic Product Ads include:
- Desktop News Feed Ads
- Mobile News Feed Ads
- Feature Phone Ads
- Righ Column Ads
In the process of creating the ad you can add dynamic fields that will use the values from the feed. It could look something like this:
And the result would look something like this:
Launching dynamic product ads requires uploading a product feed and implementing Conversion-Tracking Pixel.
Creating Facebook Product Ads feed
The data feed is very similar to Google Shopping feed. The main differences are:
- categories are not required,
- it has less optional fields (e.g. there are no custom labels),
- unique identifiers like mpn or gtin are not required
Uploading the feed to Facebook
In order to upload the feed to Facebook you need to:
- Create a FBM account (Facebook business manager) account.
- In the account go to Settings > Product Catalogs > Add New Product Catalog
- In the Product Catalog click Add Product Feed
- Provide Feed Name, select Auto upload through URL, copy Feed URL from DataFeedWatch and set upload frequency
- Click Schedule button
Facebook Dynamic Product Ads can be an interesting channel and definitely one worth trying out. The strongest benefit is a very detailed targeting system which can lend itself well to achieving a high ROI.
If you happen to use it already, please share your experience in the comments.