Are you looking to get more Sales on Amazon?
Amazon is currently the number-one eCommerce site for shoppers and it is expected to grow in popularity in 2017. So, should you be utilizing it? If you have items that can be sold on Amazon, there is no reason why it should not be attempted.
We weigh up the pros and cons of having the products listed on Amazon and see why the success rate of selling on Amazon will vary between retailers, and why what works for one seller may not necessarily work for another. This is where the Amazon Marketplace should to be tested to draw your own conclusion.
1. Focus on the Amazon SEO
Optimize your product content to better help your customers find your product with relevant searches:
- Amazon product titles improve Amazon SEO ranking
- Your Amazon bullet points and description are where you can start really selling the product
- Do a keyword research to decide on words or terms you would like your product to show for when a customer searches on Amazon.
- Look for the features and benefits that make your products stand out from the competition.
2. A+ Content to promote your bestselling products
Amazon A+ Content is designed to ultimately improve sales by enhancing the product description with scannable text highlighting the features and benefits of your products. This not only helps your customers learn more about your product(s) but also benefits you from an Amazon SEO point of view.
In our eBook we cover at length everything you need to know about A+ content:
- What is it and for which products should you use it?
- In deciding if A+ content is right for your brand and your products, what are the things you should consider?
- What are your competitors doing?
- Are they using A+ content?
3. Amazon ASIN Numbers
Having the right ASIN will not only make your products easier to find by shoppers but will also protect your products from counterfeits.
ASIN stands for Amazon Standard Identification Number and it is given to each product that is uploaded for sale on Amazon. Go to our extensive resource: ASIN Number: What is it and how do you get it? if you want to learn everything you need to know about:
- What are ASIN numbers and why are they so important for Amazon in showing your products to relevant searches?
- How do you find them, or if your product is unique how do you create them?
- What ASIN piggybacking is and should you use it or not?
- How to make the most out of your assigned ASIN Number?
4. Amazon Images
It comes as no surprise but better images are more likely to lead to more sales. The image is the one that does most of the selling on a product page, as well as in the SERP.
- What are the requirements and guidelines for images on Amazon?
- How to organize your images depending on which vertical you are in?
- What to avoid when it comes to your images, so that you don't receive a quality warning from Amazon?
5. Amazon Order Management
Has a big impact on your Perfect Order Percentage (POP) score.
If you sell on your own eCommerce site as well as Amazon you are probably aware of the headache involved with order management.
Keeping on top of your inventory to ensure your items are in stock before someone purchases is not easy. Again, do not let this put you off from selling on Amazon. DataFeedWatch Amazon Module can help with this:
6. Amazon categories
Assigning your products to the right Amazon category has a major effect on your rating, so how do you select the most appropriate category. On Amazon there are two types of categories; open categories and categories requiring approval.
- Do a product search;
- Use a keyword software;
- Use “Search for your product’s category”.
7. Amazon pricing
Pricing is very competitive on Amazon. Not only does this affect the chances of winning the Buy Box, it is also one of the main contributing factors to a customer’s ultimate decision as to whether they ought to purchase from you or another seller.
What are the different types of pricing on Amazon and how do you undercut your competitors with repricing?
8. The Buy Box
- Landing Price
- Perfect Order Percentage (POP) score
- Feedback Score
- Order Defect Rate
- Customer Response Time
9. Common errors and drawbacks while selling on Amazon
With the exciting nature of selling to hundreds of thousands of customers and the many hoops to jump through in order to remain competitive, there is a large amount of pitfalls that go with it.
Bonus: Protect your Brand on Amazon
If you really want to protect your brand on Amazon gating or registering brand is key if you do not want to lose sales.
Brand registry on Amazon: you can register your brand in order to have more influence on the content of your product detail page.
Brand gating on Amazon: to protect your brand against counterfeits and hijackers.
Download the eBook and you will find 9 proven optimization tips to help you improve your listings, increase visibility and ultimately increase your sales on Amazon.